Decorate your home, church, or office with wallpaper rather than paint. Selection online is simple and the prices are the lowest at:
Contribute to HuckPac
Independent AND Christian is both politically independent and Christian with a platform of:
1. SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE. "You shalt not commit adultery" is one of the Ten Commandments. Beside from the spiritual significance, it is also there for our protection. Abstinence prevents not only pregnancy, it also prevents every sexually transmitted diseases. Stopping sex outside of marriage also stops all homosexual activity as marriage is defined as the joining of a man and woman. Homosexual feelings are an entirely different situation than homosexual actions. There are no prohibitions against feelings only against actions. You are in control of your body and in control of your actions.
2. SANCTITY OF INNOCENT LIFE. There is no more innocent human life than a baby still in the mother's womb. Even with rape and incest, the child is innocent. But deal with the "hard cases" of rape, incest, and the life of the mother as a special case as they constitute less than five percent of all abortions. "You shall not commit murder" is another of the Ten Commandments. Killing an unborn child because it will interfere with one's lifestyle or because it is not the desired sex, is the worse form of murder there is. If you had one, seek forgiveness. If you are contemplating one, seek alternatives. In any case, do what you can to stop this practice altogether.
3. MORAL LEADERSHIP OF THE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY. This last presidential election (1996) discussed family values as a political issue. Apparently the populous did not accept this issue as being significant. Christian organizations were reluctant to enter political activities so they did not push the concept of family values as being a religious imperative. Do some of these issues seem too "political" for the Christian community to become involved? Are not, however, some of these issues important enough to be hammered home by the clergy of this country? When is sin significant enough to talk about it?
4. MORAL CHARACTER OF CHRISTIAN LEADERS. Christ said "shepherds of His flock" will be judged much harsher than those "being shepherded". The role of a Christian leadership is not one of consensus but one of leadership. We are told in Scripture what God's position is. The Christian community is more concerned in restoring a brother who has sinned rather than keeping the wolf out of the sheep fold.
5. USE THE NAME OF JESUS. When Christian ministers pray in church, they say in their prayers: "in the name of Jesus". When these same ministers pray in public, they say in their prayers: "in the name of Thy Son" or "in His Name". They will say any other phrase but not the name, "Jesus". They apparently do not wish to offend those that are offended by the name, "Jesus". They fear the loss of the opportunity of public witness by this "small" compromise. It is not small to me. It is not small to God.
6. PROSPERITY THROUGH DILIGENCE. "Name it and claim it" is the buzz word phrase of those in the Christian community who are against the "prosperity teaching". In October of 1979, I believe God told me that "If men of wealth do not preach prosperity to the poor, they are, in fact, keeping them in bondage of poverty." This came to me while I was sitting in a service at the First Assembly of God of Rockaway, NJ. This was not the subject of any talk being given nor was it related to any activities at the time. I was just there when this thought came. As it is in complete line with the written Word of God, I believe the thought did come from God.
7. NON-PROFIT BONDAGE. The "Christian church" does not want to lose its tax free privilege because it is afraid it will be taxed out of existence. Tax law dictates church financing, church organization, and church activities. The Christian church is to be run by Jesus who is the Christ and the head of His church not the tax code of any government on the face of this earth.
8. DEMAND MORAL CHARACTER FROM PUBLIC OFFICIALS. President Clinton had his "indiscretion". President Kennedy was a "good Catholic" but now it is coming out that he, along with his Senator brother, was a "womanizer". About 2,000 years ago, John the Baptist was put in prison for questioning the morals of the political leader. The "Christian church" in Germany did not criticize Hitler when they had the chance and then they lost the chance.
9. DEMAND MORAL RESPONSIBILITY FROM THE MEDIA. Christian bashing seems to be acceptable while anti Christian lifestyles are popularized and glamorized.
10. COOPERATION AMONG CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS. There should be a uniting on common ground rather than a division on honest differences in interpretation.